Easy Asian Pork Loin Recipe
This five ingredient Asian pork loin is a flavorful, quick dinner the whole family will enjoy. We offer suggestions to modify the recipe in the notes at the end.
Wok or deep skillet
- 1 lb pork loin
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp ginger root, grated 1 inch cube
- 1 clove garlic, grated
Mix soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, ginger root and garlic in a medium size bowl.
Slice pork loin into 1.5 inch long strips.
Stir pork loin into the liquid and allow it to marinade for 30 minutes.
Heat wok or pan over high heat (use a pan that's suitable to high heat like this one)
Cook meat in three batches so as not to overcrowd the pan.
- Cook the meat in batches so that it fries. If you crowd the pan it will steam cook and not have the same flavor.
- Add 1/2 to 1 tsp of chili flakes for a spicier taste.
- For a sweeter version, add 1/4 cup of orange juice and a tsp of grated orange peel to the leftover liquid. Let it simmer and reduce, then toss with the pork for a sweet, orange pork recipe.
- Serve with a side of rice and steamed broccoli.
- If you want a sauce for your dish, add 1/4 cup of chicken stock with a tsp. of cornstarch to the liquid left in the pan. Bring to a boil to "activate" the corn starch and then reduce heat and stir to thicken.
- Calories are calculated for reference only.