We got an air fryer a few months ago, thinking it might be a fun kitchen gadget to add some variety to our meal plan. I had no idea how much I would love it, especially for recipes like these crispy air fryer roasted potatoes! These roasted potatoes are so good — easily as good as the old fashioned oven-roasted ones, but with lots less oil! I included the spices we used, but feel free to add whatever spices you like. This is an easy-to-modify recipe!
The 411 on Air Fryers
If you’ve never used an air fryer, they are large small appliances (that’s an intentional oxymoron). Ours is smaller, a 4 quart air fryer which is a great size for our family of three. As much as we use it, it’s worth every inch of counter top real estate it uses.
Air fryers are essentially convection ovens; they use a fan to force hot air around the food in the fryer basket to cook it. They use a lot less energy than a large oven as they require no preheating. And, since they’re smaller, there’s less to heat.
Because they use convection, you don’t need much oil to get a crispy fried outside. Some tips, though:
- Make sure everything is coated in oil or the food will dry out.
- Don’t overcrowd the basket or food will cook but not fry to a crisp.
- Shake food partway through cooking so all sides get a chance to crisp up.
Here are some air fryers to consider if you’re ready to try my potato recipe! These are affiliate links for your convenience. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
- For families of 1-3, go small with a 4 quart air fryer like this one.
- For families of 4-6, a 6 quart air fryer like this one will do better.
- If you’re a fan of Alton Brown who recommends multi-purpose kitchen appliances, check out this new Ninja model which is a combination pressure cooker, steamer and air fryer.
Air Fryer Roasted Potatoes
- 4 medium russet potatoes
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp Mrs. Dash's salt free chicken seasoning
- 1/4 tsp dry parsley
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- Wash and dry potatoes, then cut into bite size cubes* and put in a large bowl.
- Mix the dry seasoning ingredients in a small bowl then sprinkle over the potatoes to evenly coat them.
- Drizzle olive oil over all the potatoes and toss until everything is coated.
- Put potatoes into basket of air fryer, spreading evenly.
- Set temperature to 400 and cook the potatoes for 20 minutes, shaking them halfway through so they cook evenly.
Save it for later!
Not cooking right now? Save this crispy roasted potatoes recipe for the air fryer to your Pinterest page!