Okay, you guys. I don’t make up my own recipes very often. My husband is so much better at that. But, he’s not the muffin man! I happen to love muffins, especially blueberry muffins.
I was craving blueberry muffins this morning, but didn’t have all the ingredients I needed. So, I experimented and made Greek yogurt blueberry muffins that are the absolute best I’ve ever had!
Because I made this blueberry muffin recipe with yogurt, olive oil and maple syrup, they have less fat and less sugar than regular blueberry muffins. You will not miss it!
I’ve already eaten two of these scrumptious Greek yogurt blueberry muffins and am writing this post to keep from eating the rest of them!
So, are you ready for a super-easy, insanely delicious blueberry muffin recipe with yogurt?
Here’s all the equipment you need for this blueberry muffins yogurt base recipe:
- A large and small mixing bowl,
- A 12 muffin tin (I use Wilton silicone muffin tins because they don’t need grease)
- Measuring cups and spoons
- A cooling rack
Greek Yogurt Blueberry Muffins
- Mixing bowls
- Muffin tins
- Measuring cups and spoons
- 1 3/4 cup all purpose flour you can substitute whichever you prefer
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 5.3 oz containers non-fat greek yogurt I used Wegman's
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries no need to defrost frozen berries
- Preheat oven to 400°
- Grease muffin tins or line with paper liners if needed (or use silicone tins)
- In large mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a medium mixing bowl, mix together the eggs, yogurt, oil, maple syrup and vanilla
- Create a well in the middle of the dry ingredients and pour the wet ingredients in
- Mix ingredients together until combined. This makes a thick batter, and lumps are totally A-Ok!
- Gently fold the blueberries into the batter until distributed. I used a large serving spoon to fold them in.
- Fill each muffin tin equally (for regular size muffins, the tin will be just about full)
- Bake the muffins on center rack of oven for 17-19 minutes until golden on top
- Remove from oven and immediately turn muffins out onto a cooling rack.
- Serve warm, though they're just as yummy at room temperature.
- Muffins store well in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
If you like this blueberry muffins yogurt recipe, you’ll also like:
- Creamy coconut rice — a light and flavorful side dish.
- Easy pineapple coconut cake! Perfect for spring.
- Tangy mango salsa — great as a topping or a salad at picnics!
Pin this Easy Blueberry Muffins Recipe for Later
I tell ya, blueberry muffins made with yogurt — LIFE CHANGING! Give ’em a try!
Faith Coates says
On lockdown and needed a great recipe for blueberry muffins this one works so perfectly I’m now blueberry muffin obsessed lol
YAY!!! I’m so glad you liked this recipe!!! I’ve made it several times this past month. Almost out of blueberries though!